Monday, September 6, 2010

Bonjour de Paris!



After nine years of studying french I had to pinch myself when I came to the realization that I in fact was standing in front of the eiffel tower!








It was so much bigger then I had imagined and at night the whole thing sparkles and looks like fireworks are going off inside of it. It is truly one of those things where you can't possibly imagine its magnificence until you are underneath this massive structure.




So far I have had the opportunity to visit the Arc de Triumph which is at the heart of Paris and has 16 different roads feeding off of this huge circle (and random side note it is the only traffic circle in the world where the people outside the circle have the right of way and so many accidents happen that insurance companies just spilt the difference now a days, pretty crazy). I also visited Notre Dame which I can see from my hotel room, the Concergerie (where Marie Antoinette was imprisoned), the Louvre, and Versaille.




I am really enjoying my visit, looking forward to traveling further into France to St.Malo and Normandy next : )

2 comments:

  1. wow that last picture is really cool. better than anything i saw on google. nice camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope to see you soon over there> Uncle Ed

    ReplyDelete