Monday, November 1, 2010

Scotland

Scotland was an absolute blast. We spent four days traveling through Edinburgh, the Highlands, and Glasgow. I had the opportunity to visit the smallest, yet well known whiskey distillery in Scotland where I found out two things: one, making whiskey is a much more intricate, scientific, and timely process then explainable and two, at this point in my life my taste buds do not at all like whiskey haha
In addition to the distillery we explored Sterling Castle and Fort Wallace where Braveheart was filmed, Loch Lomond, a wool factory, and miles of highlands while on a bus tour complete with bag pipes playing us sweet tunes through the loud speaker. It was really nice.
Edinburgh is supposedly the scariest and most haunted town in Europe and I happened to be there on Halloween which was so cool. We went on an underground ghost tour, which was perhaps the most legitimate ghost experience I will ever have, I didn't see anything, but we heard lots of stuff, so scary one of my friends fainted! We also visited the Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle, the Palace, Parliament, and went on a free walking tour done by college students who work solely for tips. It's pretty neat they have them in all the major cities and they are extensive tours 3 hours plus and at the end if you have the money you give what you think it was worth. The tour guides are students taking a year off after college or still in their studies, they always do an awesome job I have done a couple of them! I would suggest for anyone to go visit Scotland, for somewhere that wasn't on my original list of places to visit it was incredible. I stumbled upon a group who wanted to go and a good deal I couldn't have felt more lucky. It was one of the neatest places.
We learned on this trip that 6 people is the perfect number to go, it was so much easier traveling with a smaller group. We all got along so well. I am making the best friends here! Miss you all, looking forward to seeing most of you during the holidays. Brigette

No comments:

Post a Comment