Monday, November 8, 2010

Germany


Aachen, Germany was really a neat city. We were there as the Christmas markets were being set up for the next four weeks, I look forward to going back when the town is fully decorated for the holidays because the little I saw was so beautiful.


After Susanne and Dieter, family friends, took me to Aachen they took me to the three landing point, where Belgium, Germany, and the Netherlands come together so I was essentially standing in three countries at once which was really cool.
We also went to the Lindt chocolate factory and a gingerbread factory, don't worry I am bringing lots of treats home for everyone to try. It was so nice to be in a home and not a hostel or hotel, they were so hospitable and I had such a fabulous time. Looking forward to going back to Germany and hitting Cologne for the Christmas markets which are supposedly phenomenal.


No comments:

Post a Comment