Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lanzarote, Spain





Wow. I am just looking through my pictures and can't believe I actually just spent four days on an island in Spain. I was privileged enough to get the grand tour, experience the food, and even relax on the beach. In addition to the awe of riding up the side of a volcano on a camel, i got to see a geyser spray into the air, a grill where food is cooked from the heat of the lava beneath the volcano, a boiling pot where the volcano heat boils the water in a cove, lava beaches, and a green sulfur lake. I was lucky enough to go banana boating, slide on a boat in the middle of the crystal clear water, and jump off a little cliff into the water.











The food was phenomenal, we had tapas one night which allowed my palate to just have a taste of everything, it is smaller portions then appetizers but of so many different things. I got to go to a winery where the grapes are grown in the ash left from the lava which was delicious and very interesting. I feel like I could go on and on about everything I did and saw. But, I will leave it at this was one of the most amazing weekends I have ever had. Flying home I got goosebumps looking down at these huge ranges of volcanos and thinking i was on top of them exploring. The opportunities here continue to amaze me and the sights continue to be one more beautiful then the next


No comments:

Post a Comment